Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Destination Wedding

A few weeks ago, I had the most amazing experience...my very first destination wedding. Thanks to Alisha for inviting me and making it possible for me to shoot with her in beautiful upstate New York. I've never been to the Adirondaks and all I can say is "Holy Cow!" It's sooo gorgeous out there....in a peaceful and serene sort of way. The leaves were just starting to turn their fall colors and I can just imagine how beautiful it will be for autumn. I wish I could make it back out there to see that.



The wedding was pretty amazing too. Very elegant and classy, just like the bride and groom, Prudence and Bill. They were married on a family estate in the Adirondaks. All the guests had to be ferried out to the chapel which was on a private island out in the middle of the lake. How cool is that?!!


The bride and groom though got to cruise around the lake after the ceremony in a beautiful speed boat. Check it out below. (I guess this would be the lake version of a stretch limo ride?)









Here's the classy bride and groom. Amazing light, yes?






I don't know why, but there's something about the whole wedding and the bride herself that make me think of the Carolyn Bessette Kennedy wedding to John F. Kennedy Jr. Doesn't she remind anyone else of her? Maybe it's the hair and the small private chapel or something.



I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites so check out the slideshow below for a number of favs:


For all you future brides out there, I am definitely interested in doing more destination weddings. I don't charge any differently for my packages. The only added cost would be for travel expenses. Email me at von@vondevorephotography.com for more details if you're interested.

~Von

No comments: