Monday, January 26, 2009

A First . . .

This past Sunday, I had a first.

I did my first bridal show EVER. It was Bridal Connections at Windows Off Washington and was organized by St. Louis Bride Magazine. I was pretty nervous. I hadn't really planned to do it and so had only a couple of weeks to put my display together.

You have to be an advertiser in the magazine in order to be able to do the show. I've never done print advertising before and so I decided that I would give it a try and see what the results were for me. I know that a lot of photographers are very successful without the need what-so-ever of print advertising and depend solely on referrals and word-of-mouth. Eventually, I will get to that point (fingers crossed).

Going into the show, my biggest goal was to book some weddings (of course) but also I wanted to meet the other vendors and get to know people better. On both counts, I believe I would call the show a success for me.

I met some lovely brides and their helpers...you know, moms, bridesmaids, sisters, and fiance's (otherwise known as "goody bag carriers"). I was excited to talk to the brides getting married this spring, summer and fall as well as to the bride that's getting married in St. Thomas...hint, hint ;) ... I am totally available for your destination wedding... really, really. I even talked to a bride who was getting pre-planning ideas for her 2011 wedding.. wow, isn't she thinking ahead?

I was able to meet some of my Facebook Friends and put a face with a name, so that was cool. And I even made a couple of new Facebook Friends...even cooler!

So I think I can say that this First . . . my First Bridal Show . . was a success. Thank you to all the wonderful people I met ... brides AND vendors.

P.S: I like to have images in most of my blog posts but I don't have one for this post. I know it's a shame. I was all flustered for part of the show and forgot...can you believe this...I actually forgot... I can't believe this of me... I actually FORGOT to take a picture of my booth. I think I was too busy talking. Now I won't have anything to remember my show...my fun, successful, show. I'm very sad :(

If we met at the show and you are reading this post, leave me a comment...and we can send each other a high five for being cool enough to go to the show.

No comments: