Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Does this happen to you?

Do you ever feel overwhelmed?

Sometimes my brain is so full of wonderful creative ideas I want to do ... like that photo technique in which the lighting is so fantabulous (fantastic+fabulous) or that photo-book I promised to compile of a year in my childs life or that closet I was supposed to declutter.

And then, there's all of my wonderful clients I've had the pleasure of shooting the last few months. I have such very good intentions of sharing all the wonderful things I've had the pleasure of doing for them....and then I get overwhelmed. I mean, I'm only one person. I WANT to do it all. I NEED to do it all. But I can't. I'm only one person.

The whole work-family-life balanceing act is tough, ya know?!?!

So every once in a while, I have to step back and re-examine and re-organize. Well, I've done some of that (I took advantage of the down time during the slow winter months of a wedding/portrait photographer.... plus I attended the WPPI convention and that helped me recharge and reconnect) and now I'm ready to jump forward again.

So you're going to be seeing a bunch of stuff coming up here on the blog soon. They will be in no particular order...because I've gotten behind on my blogging and now I just need to catch up.

You'll be glad to know that I'm making it a priority to blog something on a more regular basis (I say that every few months....but I really mean it this time!!!....really).

I'm making myself put this all out there so that I will be more aware and accountable. Thanks for listening. I'm not a very good writer but I'm just saying and putting it down here they way I normally talk...so again thanks for listening. I wish I had a picture to share with you...but I don't at the moment. So thanks for reading down to the the very end of this post (you must really like me to actually read this whole post....that would be the faithful 2 readers I have). OK now I'm rambling.... till next time. :)

2 comments:

Lynsey T said...

I can definitely relate to this. It's hard to balance it all when you feel like you have 10 balls in the air.

Von DeVore said...

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks Lynsey.