Monday, March 29, 2010

Engaged: Arielle + Bob ~ Main Street St. Charles

Simple engagement photos of a seriously cute couple.

Arielle and Bob are having a destination wedding.... here in St. Louis ... this summer.

They were in town briefly and since we had never met before, I thought it would be a great opportunity to take some engagement photos for them so we could get to know each other a bit before the "big day".

An engagement session accomplishes two purposes....one of them being for the couple to get to know me as their photographer and the other is for them to have some really cute pictures.

I think it is really, really important to have an engagement session with their wedding photographer because:
1) They get to see what it's going to be like to have me around them ALL DAY LONG on their wedding day.
2) They will also get a taste of the kinds of things I will ask them to do .... it's like a rehearsal or a trial run of the wedding day photos.
3) I get to see what kind of people they are like in front of the camera. Are they more reserved and shy or outgoing and crazy/fun. Either way is totally fine by me, but if I know this in advance, I think I feel more prepared for the day of their wedding. I'm also better able to help them be more relaxed if I know how they are in front of my camera.

In fact, I feel so strongly about engagment photos that I include a complimentary e-session in EVERY one of my wedding packages.

Love the wind in the hair!!!


Photobucket


I think this might be my favorite shot of the day.
Photobucket



Photobucket

I love giving people something to do. I think it makes them feel less awkward.
Photobucket

I love this shot because it really emphasizes a woman's beautiful eyelashes.
Photobucket

I love pictures of people laughing a smiling....I think it makes you want to smile too.
Photobucket

I think this must be my favorite of Arielle. Beautiful eyes and a very mysterious smile ....reminiscent of Mona Lisa.
Photobucket

I don't know why, but the light that bounces around in an alley is always so beautiful.
I think that most clients first reaction is that an alley is a really odd place to want to take pictures. But really, the light is so flattering so we do it anyway.
Photobucket


Photobucket

Seriously loooooonnnnngggg legs.
I'm so jealous (..uhg, I'm somewhat vertically challenged).
Photobucket


Photobucket


Arielle and Bob, can't wait for your August wedding!!!!

*

No comments: